Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yay It's Finished

So most of you know that I kept putting off doing a blog because I didn't have my food storage done, and well I have a blog now so that means I'm finished. I'm ready for that big awful disaster that is coming our way. Not really, but at least we have food and have 72 hour kits. How we are going to carry those kits if we have to is beyond me. I have to give credit to my neighbor Teri. She lived in California for about 30 years and she is super big into food storage. When she finished her basement she built a cupboard just to store toilet paper. She has about 6 packages from Costco in there. So I thought I would put up some info on food storage and emergency preparedness in hopes that any of you who are not so caught up on your storage will work on doing that. My other neighbor jokingly tells us that he is coming to live off of our food storage, hopefully that isn't your plan too, to mooch off your neighbors. I feel a lot more comfort knowing that I have done what I could and should to prepare my family for whatever may come.

This is the churches site on how much food you should store http://providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,7531-1-4062-1,00.html

This is the order from for the cannery it also tells how long food should last
http://providentliving.org/pfw/multimedia/files/pfw/pdf/109157_HomeStorageOrderForm22Mar082208US_pdf.pdf

One day, when I have lots of money, I'll have these for all my canned food.

2 comments:

Angie said...

You're such a good example to all of us. I really need to get on top of things and get mine done, too. Those shelves are pretty cool. One day when I have lots of money and space, I'd like them too.

Kristyn Elise said...

Congrats! Knowing you, you're probably onto some other big project to keep you busy.