Friday, May 28, 2010

6 Months Ago

Six months ago our lives completely changed. It was a day just like the rest until I got the terrible phone call that Brian was no longer with us. Our world was flipped upside and turned inside out. Brian was such a great husband and father and every day that goes by we miss him dearly. I miss having him there to talk with, laugh with, hold my hand, even having him get mad at me when the sign he was painting didn't work out right and jus being able to see his face. The kids miss him throwing them in the air, tickling them, mowing the lawn, rocking them when they are hurt, putting them to bed at night and a million other things that he did. We've had to make lots of big changes in our lives. We sold our house, moved in with parents, had a baby, changed schools and in some ways have had to grow up faster than most kids. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him a hundred times a day. When I pass a construction site, or hear a motorcycle, look in my kids faces and see him there, when I spend time with his family, when I see a little girl holding her Daddy's hand, or a little boy at T-ball with his dad I think of him. Some days are harder than others, but the most amazing thing about this whole crazy life, is that I am still here. As much as it hurts to have him gone, we still go on living. We laugh and play and spend lots of time with family. We especially love our sweet little Eli, who spent his last little while with Daddy in Heaven. We sing songs, we color, we say prayers to a loving Heavenly Father. We go to church (why? I'm not sure since I don't hear a darn thing). We go on vacations, we have Birthday parties and we do all of this because we know that Brian wants all of us to be happy. We love him so much and miss him, but we know one day we will see him again. We love you Bri.














9 comments:

Kristyn Elise said...

Thank you Colette. You are so amazing and beautiful. I believe he is so proud of how strong you are. You are a wonderful mother! He lives on through your strength and your lovely children. Thank you for this post.

Unknown said...

Your posts are amazing! You are in our thoughts and prayers.
I have felt the same way about going to church with children and thinking that I didn't hear much. But hang in there, the quieter days will be here sooner than you think.
I am sure that Brian is smiling down on you and your children.

Aania Gowans said...

Colette! Thanks for sharing. What a strong family you have! We sure miss Brian too. We went to the grave today and saw the headstone for the first time and we just sat and thought of him, you and your kids! We love you guys and are so glad that your making the best possible of every day! I have been calling you, and texting but I haven't gotten a hold of you- when you get a chance, call me or email me, I would love to get together soon! Hang tough! We think of you and your kids a lot- and miss Brian too!

Lisel said...

You truly are amazing and I think your strength and testimony has touched more lives than you will ever know. You have a beautiful family that will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cody and Kylie said...

Brian is probably super proud of all 4 of you. You are strong, faithful and such an example. Love you Colette, and the kiddies too!

Renee said...

You are a great writer. I didn't know that you kept a blog - how fun to see pictures of your kids. Hang in there! We love you and miss you in the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

Colette I just want you to know you're so amazing and such great faith. Thanks for being a great example. I love your family.

Our Little Family said...

Bless your heart. You are the most amzing person! You are such a wonderful example Colette!